“'… he felt that women - whom he blamed, following a common misogynist tactic, as the projection of his own sexual desire - were dragging him down into repulsive material existence.'”—Introduction to The Trial, Ritchie Robertson. Always kind of sad when I remember how much of a misogynist Kafka could be.
“Everyone has their day offs. 80% of those times, you shouldn’t listen to yourself. Go rally up and be your biggest cheerleader. Because YOU are the only one in control of your mind. But the other 20% of the time? Take the day off. Give yourself the break. Walk away from things, regroup, breathe. And when you’re ready, come back again. Whole. Strong. Renewed.”—
“I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us anymore.”—Franz Kafka (via decembrist)